Terms and Conditions
Welcome to The Church of God, Aberkenfig!
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of The Church of God, Aberkenfig’s Website, located at www.churchofgodaberkenfig.co.uk
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use The Church of God, Aberkenfig if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, The Church of God, Aberkenfig and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on The Church of God, Aberkenfig. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from The Church of God, Aberkenfig for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from The Church of God, Aberkenfig
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from The Church of God, Aberkenfig
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from The Church of God, Aberkenfig
- Redistribute content from The Church of God, Aberkenfig
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. The Church of God, Aberkenfig does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of The Church of God, Aberkenfig,its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, The Church of God, Aberkenfig shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
The Church of God, Aberkenfig reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant The Church of God, Aberkenfig a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorise others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organisations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organisations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organisations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organisations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organisations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organisations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavourably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organisation does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of The Church of God, Aberkenfig; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organisations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organisations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to The Church of God, Aberkenfig. Please include your name, your organisation name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organisations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of The Church of God, Aberkenfig’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be hold responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amen these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information.
- The Church of God, Aberkenfig needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given The Church of God, Aberkenfig permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in The Church of God, Aberkenfig legitimate interests
- The Church of God, Aberkenfig needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
The Church of God, Aberkenfig follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, The Church of God, Aberkenfig uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimise the users’ experience by customising our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Note that The Church of God, Aberkenfig has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Pary Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
The Church of God, Aberkenfig does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13 (without their parent/guardian’s prior consent). If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
The Church of God, Aberkenfig keeps a record of children who are registered at our Youth Clubs. This is essential so that we have contact details for parents/guardians in case of any emergencies. We do not use this information for any other reason than to contact you directly about your child when they are in our care, or to notify you of any important announcements (i.e – that Youth Club has closed at short notice). These details are only accessible by Youth Club staff who have all been trained in data protection and GDPR and will not be passed on to any third party without prior consent.
Virtual Jam Club – Code of Conduct
Please be aware that if you or your family join our virtual Jam Club, you are all agreeing to abide by this code of conduct.
Jam Club leaders reserve the right for the host of ‘Jam Club Live’ to remove from the room anyone who does not abide by the code of conduct for the safety of everyone.
- Be ready to listen & watch what is going on at all times.
- Don’t share the password. It must only be shared by designated Jam Club leader.
- Children can only join if a parent/carer joins them via the link. Children may not join themselves.
- The zoom sharing, recording & chat functions will be disabled in order to keep us all safe.
- Don’t take photos or record what is happening on screen
- Listen to leaders, no bad language, rude words etc.
- Be kind to each other
- Put your hand up if you want to speak & we will try to give everyone a chance to talk.
- Listen to others, don’t interrupt – take turns
If you have any questions about Virtual JAM Club, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions or concerns about our Safeguarding Protocols can initially be addressed to Sharon Reilly (07817477448 or email@example.com) who is the Safeguarding Coordinator for the Churches of God, South Wales district.